Low Carb Program, the highest Orcha-rated app for diabetes, tackles key COVID-19 risk factors: obesity and type 2 diabetes. The platform provides healthcare professionals with the tools to care for patients remotely while focusing on those that require attention, reducing face-to-face appointments, and reducing the spend on diabetes medications. Complete remote onboarding support is provided so NHS staff can safely prescribe the program. New ways of commissioning remove the burden of finding and allocating budget for scalable delivery.
User experience is personalised to goal, disease, ethnicity, age, gender, and location, providing:
- Education: NHS-approved nutrition streams with meal plans and resources tailored to disease, budget, dietary preferences, cultural and social norms.
- Coaching: unlimited health coaching support to keep accountable – including weekly virtual meetups.
- Community: speak to peers with similar goals.
- Classes: live and on-demand at-home workouts tailored to fitness level
- Mental health support: on-demand yoga flows and guided mindfulness exercises designed to build mental fitness and resilience
- Health tracking: track weight, activity, sleep, mood, blood glucose, medications and more with data-led feedback to support behaviours.
Low Carb Program is available on web, iOS, Android, Apple/Google Watch and Amazon Alexa and additionally provides:
- BAME support: BAME native-language support, meal plans and recipes localised for South Asian (Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu), Middle Eastern (Arabic) and West African populations.
- COVID-19 support: COVID-19 Education Series with 12 lessons covering how to reduce the risk and spread of infection.
- NHS ID: one-step onboarding enables anonymised and interoperable patient tracking throughout NHS systems.
- Remote monitoring: see real-time anonymised progress (engagement, outcomes) of patients.