Good hydration is essential for recovery from COVID-19 infection.
The Droplet drink reminding mug and tumbler ensures people are well hydrated while they recuperate. It senses if a person hasn’t been drinking and initiates visual and spoken reminders encouraging them to drink. Special messages of love and encouragement can be recorded by the user, their loved ones or their carers. This is particularly helpful for older people, who may need more reminding.
- Pilots in care homes and hospitals have shown to increase fluid intakes by over 500ml per day.
- Clinicians are now using Droplet specifically to aid recovery from COVID-19.
- As well as hospital and care home use, Droplet is of great help to people who are self-isolating.
- It is especially valuable when given to patients on discharge from hospital for use at home.
- Good hydration both aids recovery and helps prevent emergency admissions and readmissions.