Smartphone-powered urinalysis is a cost-effective solution to improve access to critical testing, enable early interventions and reduce workforce pressure.
Dip.io, developed by Healthy.io, uses pioneering technology to offer the only CE-marked and FDA approved home urine test equivalent to lab-based devices. Built around the established urinalysis dipstick, a tried and tested medical tool, the dipstick measures 10 parameters, indicating a range of infections, chronic illnesses and pregnancy-related complications. Users are guided through the process step-by-step, and results are automatically sent to the patient’s electronic medical record for clinical follow-up.
- 99.5% usability success across 18-80 year olds
- Achieved 72% adherence to testing in previously non-compliant patients with diabetes and patients with hypertension
- Fully integrated albumin screening proven cost-effective in an NHS setting
- Successfully shifting UTI management to community pharmacy
Dip.io helps meet NHS England’s priorities on COVID response because it:
- Helps healthcare providers develop digitally enabled remote-care pathways
- Addresses inequalities, such as improving access to care for BME people
- Protects vulnerable groups such as antenatal mothers and people at risk of chronic kidney disease
- Enables long term condition management/prevention by supporting early identification and intervention